Mentioned in The Tale of the White Rabbit and the Red Ox
Inspired by a recipe from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Andrew and Jess G.
- 1-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half
- Seasoning rub
- 1 T. olive oil
- 2-8 slices bacon
- Flatten chicken breasts to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Rub both sides of chicken breasts with seasoning rub of choice (anything from salt and pepper to Krazy Kickin’ Kajun rub).
- Wrap bacon around chicken breasts and secure in place with toothpick.
- Heat oil in skillet large enough to hold chicken breasts in single layer over medium-high heat.
- When oil is heated, add chicken to pan and cook for one minute on each side.
- Flip chicken over and turn heat to medium-low.
- Cook covered for 15-20 minutes until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- If bacon is not done to desired crispiness, increase heat to medium-high and cook, turning frequently, until bacon is cooked to desired level of crispiness.
- Remove toothpicks and serve immediately.